Wednesday, September 29, 2010

things that are true

I think you take naps with finesse and
When your teeth click in your dreams I imagine you're eating
Something absolutely delicious.
Your vocabulary impresses me
And your memory
Selective as it is
Is quite astounding too.
You have bizarre theories
About bodies and people
And you like girls
A lot.
You don't like admitting when you're wrong
But you like being challenged.
I think you're a little mysterious
And you hold back a lot from me.
But that's okay, I don't really mind.
I like telling secrets in the dark with you
And I like cooking with you
Even though you won't let me do much
Wise; I cut my thumb wide open when slicing a pepper, and I'm
Klutzy with onions.
You say you're proud of me and I can't imagine why but
I'm glad.
And one time you told me you wanted to memorize me
And that you'd gotten my hands down pretty well.
Your hair looks funny when you wake up in the morning
And your forehead has indents in it because you sit around
With your eyebrows raised
Quizzical of the world.

1 comment: